Wednesday, December 29, 2004

 

Bikes, Suger, and an Addicted Brain

I've noticed that when I ride my bicycle daily for even 5 miles that I have much less sugar cravings. Last week I only rode one day and I ended up eating sugar all day long, all week long. Strange. I have heard atheletes say that if you have a sugar craving just go walk for 15 minutes and the craving will go away. Although being anecdotal, there must be some level of truth here. I know when you exercise your brain eventually secretes "feel good" neurochemicals. In fact, these are the chemical on which all addicts are addicted. Concaine, for instance, is just a catalyst. This is why people can get addicted to sex, food, or roller coasters. They're literaly stewing in their juices.

Do any of you who ride a lot find this to be true? That during an extended down time that you feel, uummm, your bodt craving for something? For me, satisfying that need for adventure is crucial. It has to he done at least 3 to 5 times a week. Don't worry I'm not about to slip back into the old life, folks. I'm just attuned to my body.

Comments:
Yes, I would, Nickie.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google