Friday, March 25, 2005

 

Buckets of Doom Meet their Rival

I'm thinking of building another set of panniers out of old Military ALICE Packs.

This is a medium and it tops out at over 4,000 cubic inches. WOW, that's huge! They make a smaller one and an even larger model (8,000+ cu. in.) You can't buy a 4,000 cu. in. pannier for under $300 commercially. I could build a set of these for about $70 total.

Riding:

Went for a nice loop ride yesterday. But my Cateye Mitty 3 died. No way to track milage :( I thought of buying a GPS device. It would probably be more acurate.

Website Update:

I've got a few more pages written, but won't post until I've had a chance to edit them tomorrow.

Bike Update:

Cycle Genius has a realy nice tour Long Wheel Base 'bent for $1099. Looks good for the money. It has better components the Rans Tailwind and it costs about the same. It's made out of Aluminum. So, it's lighter and has Disc Brakes. Cycle Genius has come a long way in the past few years.

Lots of choices...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google