Thursday, March 31, 2005

 

Terri Schiavo

Terri Schiavo is dead. There's no doubt about that (Charles Dickens). I normaly don't talk about politics on my blog, and this time I'll try not to get too mad. Why is it political issue anyway?

Those of you watching th news have probably heard the story. I won't rehash all that stuff.

But I wonder why she died. Why didn't the husband didn't get a Living Will. He had 7 years. The Judicial system signed her death warrant. We as a nation tortured her for 2 weeks. We tourtured one of your own. She was innocent. She had done nothing wrong.

I love this nation, but I wonder what our country is comming to. I'm gonna stop writing before I get angry.

Note: the Pope just had a feeding tube inserted a couple days ago. I wonder if the E.U. kill him?

Comments:
I didn't really keep up with the story like you and Michael did, but I just wanted to say that you can't do a living will for someone else. Just as with a will disposing you property, both real and personal, a living will has to be executed by someone who is able to make their wishes clearly known. From what I heard, Terri Schiavo was not able to do that. This is another reason why advance estate planning is so important. Even if you don't own anything of value, you should have a self-proving Will, Power of Attorney, and Advanced Health Care Directive (that's the Living Will part).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google