Thursday, August 24, 2006

 

Okay, here's the latest

The chain is on; the brakes are hooked up; DoomSled is running. I've ridden about 7 or 8 miles or so. That's not much, but it's enough to give me an idea of what needs to change.

1. Gearing

I need lower gearing on the front. I'm running 28-42-52 chainrings. The 28 is low enough cause I don't like hills, but the 42 tooth middle chainring is too high cause I'm always using the smallest rear cogs. 28-36-48 should do. This would be a better match for my XT front dérailleur.

2. Handlebars

These come too far back. Id rather have something like theEvo Pro handlebars.

3. The seat

Like I said before, I need to reposition the seat. It's too far right. I'm also thinking of saving up for a Rans seat.

4. Headset

I need some more spacers for the headset. There is a slight bit of play in the front fork.

5. Chain

I need to add one link to the chain and add put on a chain guard for the idler wheel.

Other than that she rides nicely.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google